Mar 15, 2012

Is That Oatmeal?

"Is There Skin on My Chicken?"

'No"

"Is That Oatmeal!?!?"

Oatmeal Chicken!
Got this recipe outta Betty Crockers New Choices Cookbook and it's Delicious! You should try it!

Recipe calls for 3 to 31/2 lbs of fryer chicken. I used about 4 pieces of chicken thighs.
2 Tbsp Margarine
1 Cup Quick cook Oats ( I used regular Old Fashioned, I have No Idea if this makes a difference!)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper (p.s. I sprinkled my chicken with salt, I couldn't help myself...)
2 Egg Whites ( I just used 2 eggs, yolks and all!)

Remove skin from chicken!
In a heated 375 degree oven, melt margarine.
Mix everything together except eggs.
Dip chicken in eggs then in oatmeal mixture.
Bake uncovered about half an hour, turn and bake another half an hour, or until juices are clear!



1 comment:

  1. OooOOooo that looks very interesting! I love oatmeal! I think I'll try that! and it seems so easy to make (which is awesome for me being a horrible cook and all) but I do know how to follow a recipe!

    ReplyDelete