Nov 7, 2011

Pot Roast Chicken in a Pan!

Oh my gosh this was sooo good!


Olives! Why are there Olives in this! Normal people don't cook Olives!

Again, I got this outta Betty Crockers New Choices Cookbook! That books been sitting around in the kitchen for awhile... but since starting this here blog thing, I have been looking around for yummy recipes that those picky eaters will eat!

And really, who doesn't love a pot roast?  I usually make one outta meat! But I just had to try this...

And It's Delicious!

You gotta try it!

About 3 pounds of cut up broiler fryer chicken ( well I don't have that, I have been on a chicken thigh kick for some reason..)

1/4 C Flour
1 tsp dry Basil leaves
1/2 tsp dry Oregano leaves
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp dry marjoram ( yeah well, I don't have any. I'm not even sure what that is. So I had some Herbes De Provence that I used instead! Hehe)


Can you see the Lavender from the Herbes De Province?
2 Tbsp Oil ( I used 1 Tbsp Olive and 1Tbsp Vegetable, cuz I think I'm all healthy like that!)
1 C Chicken broth ( or white wine)

12 small pitted Olives
8 Med Carrots, cut into fourths ( I used those 'lil baby ones, a handful, cut in half!)

8 whole small Onions ( I used the half that I had in the fridge, just sliced in big pieces) I did! I did! I put Onions in it! Hahahahahaa! Oh yeah baby! I did it!

4 med Baking Potatoes, cut into fourths
1Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Water
Coat chicken with flour and spices....

Cook till Brown on both sides, about 15 mins
Remove Chicken...
Stir in Broth and Vegetables...
The Vegetables!
Add Chicken
Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes... Till chicken is done. :)

Whats For Food? I'm Hungry!

Take the chicken and veggies out of the pan. Mix together the cornstarch and water, slowly stir into pan juices... Yeah, no picture here... apparently I did not have enough pan juice so my gravy turned into a big gelatinous lump! Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment